Do You Need Treatment for Dizziness, Vertigo or Light Headedness?
During all my years in natural health care (well over forty), I’ve always been intrigued by all the varieties of dizziness. I’ve also been fascinated by all the things that cause dizziness. You’d think this would be simple, right? Anything but simple!
Dizziness/Vertigo (with all its variations) can be caused by:
- Blood pressure that’s too high or too low
- Vertebrae in your neck that are out of place
- Insufficiency of the adrenal glands
- Weakness or damage of the heart
- Inner ear troubles (crystals or ear infections)
- Troubles with the jaw joints
- Lack of sensory function (so a person cannot tell where their feet are or cannot tell they are tipping)
- Over-stimulation of the Vagus nerve (one of the 12 pairs that come directly off the brain)
- Stroke (diagnosed or undiagnosed)
- Diarrhea and dehydration
- Erectile dysfunction drugs such as Viagra, Cialis or Levitra
- Low blood sugar
- Generalized infection
- Thyroid disease
- Narrowing or nerve channels in your neck
- Beta blocker drugs
- Nitrates such as those in lunch meats
- Taking drugs to cure other problems
There are also so many variations in how dizziness/vertigo effects different people:
- Standing or sitting up rapidly can tip some people right over.
- Some individuals drift to one side when walking.
- Certain individuals get light headed when they have gone too long without eating.
- Some get vertigo (a “room spinning” sensation) and nauseated when simply lying down or when turning their heads.
- Others only experience dizziness when nervous or anxious.
Lots of variations, right? The good news is that most all of the causes of dizziness, vertigo and lightheadedness can be corrected if a doctor knows where to look and what to do. That’s why I’m confident we may be able to help you.
In our practice, we use a very sophisticated (but non-invasive) testing and correction system. Through it, many of these long-term causes of dizziness can be removed from your life.
Because there are so many variables (every person is different!), we only will consider you for in-office evaluation and treatment after we discuss your unique situation via a phone consultation.
If you would like information on a fresh, new approach that helps people like you recover from dizziness/vertigo, click here to schedule your complimentary 20-Minute phone with me today.